I recently shared on my Instagram stories some of my favorite travel “hacks” and I wanted to add some links + details in a full blog post! These are my favorite (tried and true) apps, websites, and tricks for planning a dream trip!
1: GoogleFlights.com (or .ca) The best platform I’ve found for getting the cheapest flights (and I’ve tried them all) is this one! The best thing about it is that it has calendar views and shows you the prices for each day. This way I’m able to alter flight dates as needed, for example leaving Thursday night instead of Friday morning, or pushing our trip a week later because we save 50%! This is a great tool if you have flexibility on your dates.
2. Another tip on flights is to buy your itinerary on Tuesday or Wednesday morning! I cannot hence this enough. Multiple times I have bought a flight over the weekend and when Tuesday rolled around it was more than 30% off what I paid. These are the two days I’ve noticed the prices drop and I’m so sure it’ll help you save some $$ during your planning.
3. “Hotels Tonight” App. This app needs to be on every single persons phone!! In a nut shell, the app began by selling rooms within 7 days of the book date at extremely cheap prices because the hotels weren’t booked full. NOW they book 100+ days in advance and still at incredibly cheap rates. I’ve book penthouse suites originally at $1200 a night for $300, and have stayed at some of the most beautiful hotels in the world because of this little app. It is so good!
4. Hotels.com This is another great website / app. While Hotels Tonight only shows a smaller amount of specific hotels, this website has em all. Every time I log on there’s always a promo code and it’s evident when I cross reference with sites like Expedia, Priceline, etc., that this website lists the same hotel for cheaper.
5. Air Transat (or AppleVacation.com if you’re based in the US) If you’re looking for completely stress-free no hassle planning, this is for you! You browse options for where you want to travel and then the vacation package includes flights, transfers to the hotel, and the resort. All the hotels are all-inclusive meaning that you don’t pay for drinks, food or entertainment. I love booking something like this when we just need to relax and have a bit of peace in our lives. You don’t have to worry about ANYTHING and they are surprisingly at really affordable prices. We even booked our wedding with a travel agent at this company and she helped all of our guests book their stay! I highly recommend this one.
6. FriendlyPlanet.com This one is a little different than the previous website mentioned. Friendly Planet is an alternative to going on a big adventure completely lost. They have exotic and bucket list destinations like Egypt, Dubai, India, etc. etc. etc. This website is all about seeing the world in a more structure way. You choose the tour package (i.e. pick the dates) and it includes flights, transport, hotel, breakfast, and optional tours and excursions. My family and I used this when we visited Egypt and Dubai years ago and it was unbelievable. We were able to see all the most beautiful places with a tour guide and all the nitty gritty was taken care of. The accommodations were 4.5 star hotels, the excursions and tours were once in a lifetime experiences and I honestly cannot say enough good things. If you’re look for an adventure that is a little more planned out- this is for you! Grab the girls and just go see the world!
I’d love to know your thoughts on these and please let me know if you’d like promo codes!