I think by now it’s safe to say we’ve had our fair share of strollers (probably too many if I’m being honest), but the truth is- we just never found anything that was perfect . We had tiny tiny ones for travel that cost an arm and a leg but felt like a cheap umbrella stroller, we’ve had luxurious ones that looked stunning but weighted so much it hurt, we’ve even had ones we loved until we realized it only lasts a couple months. All to say, there was always something. Whether it’s the (too) few accessories, heavy weight, inability to adapt with a growing baby, or down right cheaply made, we’ve always felt like nothing REALLY worked for us.
Cut to- a couple months back when I spent some time with our friend who has a Bugaboo Bee5. She has a little boy and told me to leave my stroller in the car, she’d just add her scooter for both our kids to ride together. Let me just say- this was the beginning of my little love story with the Bee5. I asked her if we could swap strollers for a couple days so I could really see if it was the right decision to invest in a new stroller (especially because I wanted one I could use for our next baby) and after the first day I was absolutely sold. Since we got ours shortly after, it’s been nothing short of amazing to have for Joshua (really, I think hubby’s getting annoyed at how much I mention I love it or obsess over cleaning it every night before bed ).
So with all the messages I’ve received in the last couple months I thought I’d do a full run down : 10 reasons why I think this is the best stroller on the market and accessories that help any parent navigate through the first couple years of parenthood.
1. Light Weight + Small Folding : I realized pretty quickly after having Joshua that your stroller is like an extension of your arms when your not at home . The safe and familiar place where your baby sits, sleeps, eats, and plays in the moments your not holding him. And because it’s the one piece of gear you’ll use the most in the first couple years of your child’s life- it has to be functional. A light weight full size stroller is very very hard to come by, really your two options are either a heavy full size stroller or a light weight travel stroller, and both of those mean you’re giving up something. The Bee5 on the other hand is incredibly light weight (especially helpful in the first couple months after birth), and small folding (perfect for storing in the house, fitting in any trunk, or even using on trains and busses). It takes me less that 12 seconds to completely collapse it and I never need an extra hand putting it away. Plus- they recently came out with an amazing Self Stand Extension – a tiny little add on that keeps your stroller standing perfectly straight once it’s collapsed. It’s honestly pretty amazing to see in person what a different this can make in a home, restaurant, or public transportations.
2. Seat Extension for Growing Baby / Toddler : This is hands down what first sold me on the Bee5. One of the things I mentioned above was how even if you do find a stroller that works for you- the probability that it can only last a couple months is so high because it won’t grow with your baby. Joshua is 2.5 years old, and in the 97% of height, he started to hate being in strollers because for months his head would touch the top of the canopy and his bum/thigh space was so minimal. With us exploring so much at home, and also traveling a fair amount, it was important that he would still have a place to rest and relax on long days or trips. On the Bee5 there is a lever on both the back and bottom of the seat that can be adjusted! You can pull up or out and it gives you 6+ inches of extra room! We keep ours extended all the way and we have so much space for Joshua to still grow, which is amazing at this age. I love how comfortable he feels in it, how I never ever have to beg him to sit inside, and how he prompts himself to ride because ehe loves it so much.
3. Zipper Canopy Extension for Extra Protection : This one is probably one of Joshua’s favorite features. The sun canopy has a sleek zipper (completely hidden) in the back of the stroller. Unzipped- it gives you almost a foot more of material in your canopy for extra coverage. Perfect for sunny days, when your child is sleeping, or even when they want a little quiet time. I love that all their canopy’s have this! (Joshua especially does too- he closes this up when he wants to nap, watch a movie, relax, or even when he’s nervous around others)
4. Forward + Rear Facing Seat Change With Just One Click : This feature is amazing. While most strollers are able to face only one way or have to be taken apart to change the seat, the Bee5 is able to do this in one click. By pushing the back part of the seat down completely (one click), it automatically detaches from the base of the stroller and all you do is flip it over! It’s so so easy and we’re able to adjust it on the go to Joshua’s preference.
5. So Many Styles : I love how beautiful the Bee5 is. In any color- is an eye catcher, and the reason I always get stopped and asked about it. We chose the all black look with a cream canopy for a more minimal look, but there’s so many accessories to play around with. Multiple faux leather hand grips, different in wheel caps (even a wood trim), a black, silver, or white chassis, different sun canopies and seat fabrics– you can literally build this to whatever style you want, and then easily and affordably change it up when you feel like it! I love how you can express your personality with this! (Even hubby just ordered a black canopy for a more “manly” look when they’re doing a boys day.
6. Wheeled Board Add-On (that you don’t smack your foot on) : Scooters are great- but you know what’s not? Hitting your foot with every step or having to walk on the side of your stroller and awkwardly push it. That’s what you get with most scooter strollers, a fun idea that isn’t functional. The Bee5 Wheeled Board is the only one I know that is purposely set on the left side of the scooter and made the size that allows you to still comfortable push while your child sits on it. And bonus- it folds up in 3 different levels. Completely open, half up, or fully up, so that you can still fold your stroller with the scooter attached, or lift it up while you child decides to ride in the seat instead. We used the scooter and seat with our best friends for a whole weekend up north a couple months ago and both of our boys (2.5 y & 3y) were layered in snow gear and still able to be comfortable sharing one stroller. (Definitely why I 100% will use this stroller with our next baby + Joshua together)
7. A Snack Tray + A Cup Holder That Actually Work : I’ve spent enough money on things that pretend to be something their not in the last couple years, and snack trays is definitely one of them. Different stroller brands and generic children’s brands sell snack and cup holder extensions but from my experience they never work. The bottle always falls out or spills and the snacks do exactly the same. Bugaboo designed a snack tray that’s different than anything we’ve had before- it has an adapter thats high and to the side of the stroller so that it doesn’t get knocked over, but it also has a snack tray that goes on top of it which can be moved in different directions. The cup holder is deep enough to keep any spills from happening and the snack tray has an attached cover that swings out when pushed and closes again. It’s so sweet to see our little guy open and eat from it in such a mess- free manner. I actually love it so much that I lift the snack tray off the adapter and give it to him to hold in the car seat. It’s definitely kept his food more fresh because of the lid and spill free!
8. Simple Seasonal Accessories : Bugaboo really nailed it with all their seasonal pieces. While most brands have just a muff for winter, this stroller gives you options for everything you can think of! A breezy sun canopy that has extra ventilation for the warmer days, different muffs for winter depending on your preference or warmth, umbrellas that attach to your stroller to really keep the sun away, rain cover + high performance rain cover, wool seat liner for extra heat, cotton + wool blankets, I mean really they have thought of everything. And living in a city that has 4 seasons, this is exactly what we need. A stroller that allows us to keep using it all year round- not just on perfect summer days. I love that no matter what is happening outside- my little baby is always protected inside his stroller.
9. Travel Bags : We’ve had our Bugaboo Travel Transport Bag since Joshua was 4 months old. After so much research on travel bags for strollers, even though we didn’t have a bugaboo at the time, we still decided this was our best option. It fits a wide array of strollers and brands and is makes it SO much easier to travel with your stroller. Besides keeping it safe from harm, the bag has wheels to help carry the stroller to check in or your final destination, it folds super (super) small when not in use, and it also has enough room when you pack the stroller inside to add more items. I remember the first trip we went on when Joshua was 5 months old we packed almost EVERYTHING for him in the travel bag. Our large full size stroller + packs of diapers, formula, detergent, dish soap, bottles, a bag of clothes, and even a couple pairs of my shoes. I loved that it has the ability to tighten for a more compact effect, or open up for extra room. It makes every trip we go on so much easier.
10. Ease of Cleaning : Finally, and probably most importantly to most parents, ease of cleaning. From leather strollers, to uncleanable fabrics, I’ve spent my fair share of nights trying to clean nasty stains or worst- diaper explosions, from our strollers, and let me say, this is not one of them. The seat + canopy detach so easily that it takes me a couple minutes and I’ve already thrown it in the wash. Stains come out quickly and often times I don’t even add detergent- warm water does the trick! It’s also so breathable and light weight that in no time it’s dry and ready for use. It’s so nice having a stroller that’s always clean- but even nicer never having to spend time up keeping it that way.
So that’s it! My top 10 favorite things about the Bugaboo Bee5! I really hope I answered all of your questions about this because I know I wasn’t able to get to all the message on Instagram! If you have any questions or comments let me know below.
I’d also like to mention that this is not a paid post! I really do believe in this stroller and am so incredibly happy with it. Talk to anyone else who owns this, I know they feel the same way 😉